View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 01:46 AM   #27
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4kix View Post
As a writer I would want to know if there are mistakes in my book (errors never seem to appear on the computer screen, but jump off the page in the printed version!) They are easy to rectify in an e-book and the writer should thank you for pointing them out (and should correct them). Unfortunately, some of the Indie authors rush to publish before their books are ready and this can give Indie books a bad name.
I hope you will continue to point out errors, perhaps saying that you feel the author would like to know.
Lately, I have been reading a lot of indie book samples to find some more YA paranormal. Some have looked great, better than I expected, and I've bought several. Several several. But some weren't too promising -- usually dull or clunky. And of course, I have seen some with errors that just shouldn't have been there. I was barely two pages into an indie book (one of the freebies) when I came across the line "New Disciple’s thought the world was ending every time a demon passed nearby." I gave up right there. Is it really so much to know how to write a plural? I had other issues with the style in general, but that really annoyed me. Although it sounded as if it could be interesting, I gave up and archived the book. I read a discussion on Goodreads where the other responded to a review with similar issues and promised to fix the grammar on later editions. I hope the version I downloaded wasn't the "fixed" version.

Yes, I have seen print books with errors. For example, I picked up a fantasy novel from a major publisher that mentioned something about wizards fighting a "dual" on the first page. But I don't see that sort of thing as often in print books because of the editing processing.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote