View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3 G 3G (<-lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This really isn't true. Mask off the surround and then compare the screen background with that of a device with a 2nd generation Vizplex screen. The background colour is well-nigh identical. The contrast is higher due to the blacks being blacker, not the background being whiter.

Attached are two pictures of my Kindle 2 and Kindle 3 side by side, and then a close-up of a portion of the screens of the two devices. You can see on the close-up that, although the K3 (lower image) has significantly blacker text than the K2 (upper image), the actual background is no whiter.
Oh, ok so that's probably the real reason. Unfortunately I do not have a K2 right now, but yes thanks for clearing that up for me. I think it probably means that the K2s I've been using were just the US versions and not the International ones. Correct me, but weren't there better screens on the International versions?
ski_power is offline   Reply With Quote