View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 10:29 PM   #22
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneylives View Post
Yeah yeah sure. Thing is though:

1. When I write in some word processor and paste into Sigil, which I imagine is using it as intended, I'm likely to drag in that WP's own cruft along with it. I write in Sigil because I'm not really sure what workflow will result in the cleanest code, other than just doing it in Notepad++. I know from experience that Word and Windows Scrivener (which is basically an RTF editor with extra stuff added in) are not great for this. Any suggestions for this? What do you guys use?
The intended usage (at least as far as I've seen) is not to copy and paste into Sigil. From what I've read, I believe that you are intended to save the output of the word processor as a .html or .htm file (I've done this with Microsoft Work => save as => filtered html, LibreOffice => Send => Create HTML document and other word processors with html export capability). That html file is then opened with Sigil and the code cleaned up as needed. Even when I am creating an epub from a webpage, I save the page and then edit the resulting html file. My few attempts at doing otherwise such as copying and pasting the webpage into a Sigil document have led to very odd looking pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneylives View Post
2. I don't see how even its intended use case is helped by randomly choosing whether to add a <p> or a <div> when typing in Book View. I'm sure there's some distinguishing feature, something I'm doing that's causing one to happen instead of the other, but darn if I know what it is. (If I knew what it was, I could avoid it. That'd probably be the best scenario actually, figuring out what I'm doing that triggers it....)
IMNSHO, Bookview should have it's editing capability removed. While Strahinja Val Marković (Sigil's father) may have intended to make it more useful, little if any developer effort has gone into (or, IMO, is going to be expended on) supporting Bookview's editing capability. Make it exactly what the view in the name suggests -- a viewer not an editor.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-18-2017 at 10:31 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote