View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #26
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I read every free moment I have. I have always done this and if anything it has increased with ebooks. 100 books is nothing for me, even if we were limiting it to per year.
Me too. I have always carried a book & flashlight with me wherever I go. Now, with books on my iPhone, I don't need the flashlight. I read between 120 and 160 books a year. But only 20% of them are electronic books. I participate in an online book-swapping group, so paper books still make up the majority of my reading -- a swapped paperback is still cheaper than the Kindle version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
I am glad that most people here read more than 100 per year but are we the minority?
Don't know if we're the *minority*, but we are a specific community of readers and the expectation is that we would read more books a year than the general population. (Similarly, you'd expect the IQ of a group of PhDs to be higher than the general population. The bell curve has a different mean.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
My answer would unfortunately have to be zero.
I haven't gotten one e-Book with covers yet.
Ah -- but that's why I put a cover on my K3. I can honestly say I read my e-books from cover to cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
"Cover to cover" this year alone 142. This includes audiobooks, as I don't track them separately.

I started reading ebooks in 2002 on my first Pocket PC, but owning a dedicated eink device has significantly increased the amount of books I read per year.
So far this year I've read 102 books. 66 were paper books, 29 electronic, and 7 audio. As I mentioned, I'm in an online book swapping group. I also set a goal of reading more books from the library this year -- and my library does not offer electronic books.

I bought my first e-ink device in January 2008, the original Kindle. I had tried reading books from Baen's free library on my PC, but couldn't enjoy reading on the monitor. The Kindle was enough like a traditional paper book that it posed no problem adapting. And, because I could load it up with several books that I wanted to read, it has been very convenient to carry with me on trips.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote