View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #13
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Paula I don't know if this will help, I used to have trouble reading for more than 3-4 hours a day. Eyestrain, headaches, etc. Since I switched to the Jetbook I often find myself reading for up to 10-12 hours if the book is good. With no eyestrain, no headaches, and I'm doing it on less light than I used to use. I used to use a 3 way incandescant bulb 50/100/150s on high. Now I'm using a mini flourescent 100watt equivilant. (something like 33 watts actual)
The light is cool, very white, non glare. So I for one am extremely happy with the Jetbook screen. It is also very good in a lot of light, direct sunlight etc.
There is no backlight, so its not like reading on the computer, etc.

For Hands on what GA Russell said nailed it.
To buy you can probably save yourself some $$ by watching for sales at places like newegg, mwave, or possibly amazon.

I know my wife got so jealous of my Jetbook that we had to get her one.
As for me, I'm hooked for life, I'll never go back to paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauluscaesar View Post
Hey, that one looks interesting, super fast and reads almost any format. I read it is a TFT transflective LCD (no idea what it exactly means but seems to be a LCD without any back light). Is it good for prolonged reading? I have "sensitive" eyes and cannot read for too long in my computer.
Do you where I could get my hands on it and play with it for a bit?
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote