View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #13
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
A yearly development cycle is pretty common. If they release a new one next year, ok.. that's reasonable. Three months isn't. They knew this was coming out to some extent, and they absolutely should have said "Yes, we have a big screen version coming very soon" when the K2 came out as to not screw over their early adopters.

It's not an issue of them updating it, it's them updating it so quickly. And three months is fast! It's fine for them to look after their own interests, but you also don't pull crap like this. If you look at it in some sort of "do they have a right to do it" yes, of course, absolutely they had the right to do whatever they wish.

Is it immensely cruddy for them to do so? Yes, it's that, too. I'm not going to stop buying from them (I couldn't afford too! I buy a lot of books!), but I feel like an ass for recommending the K2 to so many fellow students for them to be screwed like this too.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote