View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Whispernet Stopped Working

I've had my K2 for just a few days, but so far everything seems to have been going well. I've got the NYT delivered daily, and I've had no problem sending myself docs via Whispernet at home or at the office. But today for some reason the wireless will not start up. I've tried to force it on but after showing no signal for a few minutes, the wireless turns itself off.

I've tried resetting the unit, to no effect.

I suppose it could be an issue with Sprint or something, but either way I'm a little pissed. The only reason I paid a premium for the Kindle was the wireless. If this is something that happens regularly or the reception isn't good enough in my area (which it should be - I'm in Brooklyn) then I think I'll just have to send this thing back.

Anyone have any ideas?

BTW I just checked the coverage maps for zip 11215, and supposedly I'm well covered for both voice and so-called mobile broadband.

Last edited by weatherman; 03-29-2009 at 09:11 AM.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote