View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 04:43 PM   #3
Zelandi
Enthusiast
Zelandi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zelandi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zelandi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zelandi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zelandi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zelandi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zelandi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zelandi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zelandi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zelandi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zelandi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Letto Frontlight/cybook muse
I don't like to bash books.. what I don't like might be someone elses favourite.. and the other way around..

So I'm not naming this one, but I bought a book that had a great fantasy concept, it felt rather nice and new, in a way. But.. all flat. Characters had no depth, dialogues were stumbling and..I dunno. It felt like everything were repeated and stuff happened all the time but the pace was off and it was just flat..

However, I think it would be a great book for someone with difficulties in understanding written text (sorry, I don't know the correct term in english. Not exactly dyslexia as in difficulties with seeing the letters right, but just understanding written language as oposed to talk). It could be a perfect book for practicing reding, if the person liked that type of stories, simply because it was overly explained and what I concider flat. No need to weave your own guesswork into it.

So.. I guess.. bad for me, but might be a gem for someone else.
Zelandi is offline   Reply With Quote