View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #17
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Welcome to the rest of the world
What are you talking about?? I'm in Canada where it's ALWAYS higher than pretty much everywhere else! lol I paid $180 for my T1 up here rather than buying it cheaper in the States. The guy at the store said he'd give me a good price on some old 350's so I felt I should buy the T1 from him. He gave me a good price but the 350's had various problems and I returned them and got stuck with an overpriced reader.

I almost never buy anything up here and buy my stuff in the States where it's much cheaper. Books, food, music, clothes, movies, electronic toys...some are getting closer with the value of the dollars being so close but not that long ago there was huge sticker shock on everything here!! :O There still is on so many things.

I buy milk in the US for $1.08 - $2 for a gallon. Up here that same size is over $5. I don't buy it but that's what people tell me and I see in flyers. When I buy over the counter medicine in the US there's no tax. yay! Here, not only is the item price much higher but then they hit you with 13% on top of it. fffft!

Target is up here now but the prices are NOT what they are in the States. Well how come you ask??? The lovely folks at Target Canada tell us that that's what the market will bear so that's what they do. In other words, everybody else charges more & Canadians will pay it so we might as well too. Yay Welcome to Canada!! LOL eesh
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote