View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
Kappafun
Kappafun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kappafun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kappafun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kappafun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kappafun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kappafun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kappafun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kappafun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kappafun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kappafun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kappafun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-600, Kobo Vox
In a word yes

The Vox does allow you to store audio files and I have successfully played music while reading a book. You will have to manually load the audio file as the Vox doesn't have an intelligent piece of software that does it.

This does not help the battery life of course, but that goes without saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
Chapters has the Vox on sale - tomorrow is the last day for the sale. I'd like to buy one but only if I can listen to my Audiobooks on it. I have a few in mp3 format so I'd like to be able to load them onto the Vox , probably via an SD card.

I asked these questions from the folks in Chapters and they didn't have any answers.
Does the Vox allow me to load and listen to my own audiobooks? I assume I'd need an app for this, one that would bookmark the book so when I listen at a later time it would start from where I left off. Is there such an app?
I don't use Audible but I may in the future for new books but for now I'd just like to listen to the ones I already have.

Joyful
Kappafun is offline   Reply With Quote