View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #37
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Easy way to disable Indexing via Jailbreak and Launchpad hacks only

If you have the Jailbreak AND Launchpad hacks installed, a very easy way to do this (without the need for the USB hack or installing any *.bin files) is to copy these three files to your launchpad folder:

disable_indexing.ini
Code:
[Actions]

; Search Indexing disabling/enabling
D I I = !source /mnt/us/launchpad/disable_indexing_install.sh
D I U = !source /mnt/us/launchpad/disable_indexing_uninstall.sh
disable_indexing_install.sh
Code:
# Search Indexing Disabling/Enabling Hack
mntroot rw
cp /opt/amazon/ebook/bin/start.sh /opt/amazon/ebook/bin/start.sh.bkp
sed -i 's/-DENABLE_SEARCH_INDEXING_THREAD=true/-DENABLE_SEARCH_INDEXING_THREAD=false/' /opt/amazon/ebook/bin/start.sh
mntroot ro
exit
disable_indexing_uninstall.sh
Code:
# Search Indexing Disabling/Enabling Hack
mntroot rw
sed -i 's/-DENABLE_SEARCH_INDEXING_THREAD=false/-DENABLE_SEARCH_INDEXING_THREAD=true/' /opt/amazon/ebook/bin/start.sh
rm /opt/amazon/ebook/bin/start.sh.bkp
mntroot ro
exit
Then, just refresh Launchpad (Shift > Shift > Space) and input the keystroke listed in the ini file (Shift > D > I > I) to install and (Shift > D > I > U) to uninstall, restart, and voila.

Updated to include 'WS64''s suggestion below.
Further updated to include the '[' in '[Actions]' in the '.ini' in the '.zip' attachment as pointed out by 'reprep'.
Attached Files
File Type: zip disable_indexing_ini_and_scripts.zip (801 Bytes, 344 views)

Last edited by inameiname; 12-21-2011 at 05:55 PM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote