View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnWeave View Post
Awesome! Thank you for the quick (and very helpful) responses. Might have a go at writing a couple of my own in light of this.
My wife reads Engadget, and she'd occasionally comment that the recipe-created ebook seemed to have short summaries instead of full articles, but when I looked, I'd always find that the articles were just as short as the summary in the feed.

I never saw the longer articles, and I didn't realize that the current recipe pulled the feed summaries, not the articles, so I never found anything to fix.

I saw your post, and tried to find the article you referenced, but Engadget changes so quickly, the post had already scrolled off. (There was a sublink to that article in an article on their podcast, but no RSS direct link) I almost posted that you were seeing all there was to see, but I had my wife review your post, and she said "He's right!" It wasn't until I looked at the recipe and read Kovid's post that I realized it would never find a long article - it just grabbed summaries. I had to hunt through a dozen RSS feed links to find a long article, but from there it was fairly easy to write the recipe.

Let me know if you ever find anything missing. A few of the articles were formatted oddly. I fixed those in the recipe, but there could be some more from time to time that it won't handle correctly.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote