View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 04:35 PM   #65
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricdiogo View Post
Main point in downloading the whole website is: if it gets offline for some reason (eg.: you decide to stop the project or you have copyright judicial issues) people would still have the whole collection in their machines. Maybe you should periodically create several DVDs that people could download from the website and from P2P networks. You could also make such DVDs for given authors or special hits.
I agree, we could dump the cache into a .torrent file once in a while.

Quote:
oh. i thought you had expressed the wish to make downloading easier.
i got the impression that the fbreader people are working on it for you.
wasn't that one of the points of releasing your a.p.i.?
Well, the first program using the API is the one we've created for the iLiad.
The API is here to help those who'd like to integrate Feedbooks into existing applications or websites, mass downloading is closer to a "wget -r" than an API.

Quote:
well, obviously, if you're going to _ban_ someone for using it,
then you don't want me to release the program. just say so...
I'm not gonna ban anyone because they're downloading all of our files. Main problem here is how someone is downloading all these files. If it's with a queue, it's not a problem at all. But if dozens of people are running such a program, and the program downloads multiple files at the same time, it would canibalize the ressources, making the service much slower for our users.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote