View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 04:18 PM   #1894
FalconFour
FalconFour began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7th Gen
Very useful! And yes, I'm very good at reading... however, saying "it'll work on anything except {completely obsolete version}" doesn't help a whole lot. I've read that it's basically impossible to detect if your device is jailbroken, which in conjunction with ambiguously installed JB functions (run this thing and if your screen flashes, try the update!). Then there's the ;fc-cache method, but after attempting that once (on 5.6.5) and it said "succeeded", then I went to apply the update patch, which failed... again, back to the "did it work? I can't tell!" issue. Every time after that, doing the page and ";fc-cache" as instructed in the title bar would not progress... it'd just keep telling me to "search ;fc-cache" until eventually it'll time out and say it "failed". So I went for that main-htmlviewer method earlier (now on 5.8.something).

Like I said, I can read... it's just, there's hundred-page threads, outdated OPs, and never once had I ever seen (nor had a Google hit for, nor mention in any post) that wonderfully useful, astounding, incredibly useful serial number-to-marketing name adapter Wiki page.

Now with that page, I shall march onwards through the slog of forum posts, thankful for your assistance!

Hilarious update: my Kindle auto-updated to 5.9.4 overnight... aaaand... guess what? KUAL magically appeared in my Library, while it wasn't before. Happiness and glee for automatic updates!

Sad update: and "Application Error: The specified application could not be started. Please try again". Maybe because of the auto-update breaking JB somehow? Off for more digging...

Happy update! I used the update file posted here, and "KUAL" shows up (along side a "Kindle Launcher" that still doesn't work), and KUAL works! Woohoo! Knowing to Google "KT2" helped a lot.

Last edited by FalconFour; 03-15-2018 at 05:36 PM.
FalconFour is offline   Reply With Quote