View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #14
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
There is one small annoyance, but it may be that Android is supposed to work this way. This is my first Android device, so I'm not sure. The icons for WiFi, battery, etc at the top of the screen don't seem to be overly useful. Sure, they change color to indicate state, but they don't seem to do anything else. On my N800 and on previous Win Mobile devices, tapping or pressing on such status icons would either pop up with additional information (battery charge %) or take you to the settings for that device. On this tablet, I get none of that. Is this normal?
The top bar, usually called the top drawer, can be dragged down to show status of the various notifications (email, SMS, app installations, etc.) that appear on the left side of the drawer. Since this is not a phone, you probably don't have any notifications, so all it will show you is the date.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote