View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 10:13 AM   #60
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I'm willing to learn, but not having much experience in any programming language (apart from copying the 'hello world' application.

Then I need to first know something about ebook formats..
That's all taking up a lot of time, though I'm willing to learn..

If there's a way to easily learn how to create something like that, I'd do it.
I have time,however not enough time and know how to learn python. (tried it before,and had to give up on it).
Doing macro's in office was way easier.
Well I was looking at a plug in so that we would be able to submit it to the Extension libarary. Also plugins have other advantages from a design stand point.

I think with your experience it would be best if we use macros and templates much like BookCreator for Word is designed.
Okay so you get to decide what language to use. BASIC or JavaScript.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron101 View Post
yes I agree - unless you can find an addon for visual basic, which I doubt you'll find - i don't use open office but i did notice there is an addon tool for c++ for open office, you might find developers more versed in c++ willing to take up the challenge

btw word uses visual basic for applications (VBA) which is a cut down version of visual basic - which we fondly use to call a poor mans version of c back in the day. Your not stuck to just the win32 api, just declare the externals (api/dll) in the header section and you can use virtually any library.
OOo does support BASIC nativley. So it's not the syntax that cannot be reused its the Word libraries that do not exist in OOo.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote