View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 07:52 PM   #12
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Final Draft is fine, if you want to pay for it. Remember, though, if you write a screenplay, don't use their one option for having two speakers speak at once, if you can avoid it. It doesn't convert to an eBook/hmtl worth two s**ts, trust me.

:-)
Fade In exports to ePub (two options). It "handles" dual dialog by ignoring it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
And I concur with rcentros--there's really no reason to pay for it, there are a number of excellent free or donation-ware type programs.
It's worse than just the initial price. Every upgrade costs you as much (or more, depending on whether you get it on sale or not) as Fade In's full price (and Fade In's upgrades are free for life). If you're using an old version of Final Draft and your hard drive burps, you can't reinstall Final Draft because it can't be "activated" because they shut down their activation servers. You would think Final Draft would (at least) offer a newer version at upgrade price in that situation... nope, full price.

But even Fade In's $80 price is not necessary -- though it is pretty nice software. I own it but I don't use it much. I like my free applications better (but I'm not a serious writer). Mostly I bought Fade In because I wanted to support a company that supported Linux.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote