View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Very nice change to the DeDRM policy! I had a heads-up, actually, because the issue came up in the thread: B&N removed download option on all books in "My Nook" library
And then I had the opportunity to correct a mod!

Thanks!

Regarding the affiliate links -- I think this is a fine idea, and have no problem with MR making some money to support itself.

One thing, though -- on the occasion that I post a discount, I usually use the format

http://amzn.com/{ASIN}

which is an internal shortlink service run by Amazon, and redirects to the product page of the named ASIN.

There are also other links, semantic ones like:

Which I like because it is easier to read/post/handle.

The amzn.com domain supports affiliate links too, so make sure you include them.

Not many people even realize Amazon provides this shortlinker -- in fact, it is so unknown I have had to explain it to the mods because they thought it was a generic URL shortener...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote