View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #15
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Eval update: B&N Reader

I recently re-opened the B&N Reader, to re-familiarize myself with its current features (Yes, this is still the beta reader app). I discovered that some of the books that I hadn't been able to download before, could be downloaded now... apparently B&N is still working on converting some of its books to function on the reader.

I opened a book that I have been reading on the eReader app, and I can say that when comparing the readability and features of the two apps, I prefer the B&N app. Page-turning was much easier (the eReader app regularly mistook my page-turn tap for a text-select tap, and opened a menu of action choices instead of moving to the next screen), and fonts offer a number of choices and sizes, and look great.

No bookmarking is available, though it remembers where you closed the book... so as long as you don't need to mark multiple passages, you'll be okay.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 06-08-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote