View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 06:14 PM   #7
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
In some cases, I've been told yes... think about DeDRM, for example
I still must be missing something. I don't use DeDRM myself, but doesn't it just modify the book? Where it came from is irrelevant.

I just figured that to add a book to the library, at some point Calibre has to know the path to that book in order to load the file into memory for adding to the database.

Of course, that path may not be accessible to plugins. And maybe other plugins do interfere with it. If you tell me it's not possible or there are too many complications, I'll believe you. I'm still looking forward to the changes you're making. And like I said, I might see if I can modify my own copy of the plugin to add the feature. Or at least get a better understanding of why it won't work.

fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote