View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 08:29 PM   #18
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I don't see why not*, colinux is bog-standard linux once you ignore the whole cooperative thing , but I prefer dual booting. Actually, I only boot up to WinXP if I need to use Adobe Digital Editions, which is rare because I finally got it to play nice with WINE. I think it has been months since I booted Windows.

For all intents and purposes, linux is my only OS.

* -- keep in mind you do still have to run an up to date linux. calibre on linux doesn't have many dependencies, but it does require a reasonably new glibc. Horribly outdated ubuntu remixes might not have that.
colinux should be able to run newer linuxes though...

Last edited by eschwartz; 04-08-2015 at 08:32 PM.