View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #33
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
I used to read short stories and blogs on my palm V but I wasn't really ready to switch to electronic displays for longer works. Then I heard about e-paper and waited for the devices to become available.

I'm sure that there were other devices available but I waited for the Kindle having convinced myself from various reviews that it was the best. I pre-ordered the Kindle 2i as soon as I could and, despite wanting to love it, I merely liked it. I read a few books on it but mainly still read paper (having got a considerable dead tree TBR pile).

The the Kindle 3 came out and I upgraded. The difference in screen quality was such that I was hooked. Thing is I think part of it was more getting used to the idea of reading off devices. I will now read books off my computer monitor, my TV or phone. Mind you I think the quality of a modern LCD screen versus my old CRT monitor is a bit different.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote