View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #12
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
I'm in Canada, in a province where HST applies to local purchases (the single Harmonized Sales Tax incorporating GST), but when I buy a book from Kobo I get charged HST and GST. I can't figure that one out, but the total tax is the same percentage as if I bought a paper book locally. It seems as if they are splitting the price into two components which get taxed in different jurisdictions.

Last edited by FJames; 01-14-2012 at 11:13 AM.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote