View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
If you do a search you will find plenty of other threads here discussing the problems, existing behaviour, workarounds, sql reporting etc. I won't rehash it all here. I will say that Calibre does not match just on title - it is title and author, and there is a little bit of "fuzziness" in terms of things like leading "The" etc improving the match logic.

However I 100% agree that if like me you turn the preference on so that all books added will merge automatically (which is what you want for new formats of a book to be the same record in Calibre), then it does NOT handle the situation of the same format being added very well. The existing dialog telling you "after the event" that it "merged something" without even telling you which format it threw away is as you say not very useful.

It's on the list to be improved further I believe but as I understand it there are other priorities first.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote