View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 08:52 AM   #10
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
Maybe I'm missing something but I bought a Kobo epub as a test for my jetBook (non lite). When I increase the "zoom rate" in settings, the margins increase. By the time I get to where it is pleasantly readable for me ( one notch higher than on non drm epiubs converted with calibre), the margins are ridiculously large on each side.

Also, although I've read B&N has converted exclusively to epubs, this is not totally true (or totally complete). I also bought a test ebook there only a few days ago (they have no way to differentiate formats when buying), and it was a pdb file. This would be readable on the jetBook lite I am told, but it is not currently supported on the jetBook.

In this respect, my K3 is more than holding its own when I compare the two devices.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote