View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 01:58 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
FYI- poking around the amazon help pages, I came across a definition of Kindle Print Replica format - not something I'd heard of before, but I suspect this is what I encountered...

About Kindle Print Replica
Kindle Print Replica textbooks maintain the formatting and layout of their print editions while also offering many of the advantages of Kindle books.

Each page in a Print Replica textbook displays words and images in the same position as the corresponding print edition, while adding features such as .....

seems like a PDF clone, to me ?
Print Replica is precisely that: a PDF in a Kindle wrapper. Such a book will load into Calibre as an AWZ4 file, and you can use the "KindleUnpack" plugin to extract the PDF file from it. Was your book an AZW4 file?

I've bought a number of Print Replica books precisely because PDF is the format which works best for some types of material, where you want to match the exact formatting of the printed book. I read them (as PDFs) on my iPad.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote