Thread: New Leaf Still Life by Louise Penny
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 01:36 AM   #32
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
For me, Gamache is what makes the book work (and subsequent ones as well.) And yes, Victoria, that first chapter was horrible and needed the hand of a solid editor.

I stopped reading this series somewhere around the 4th or 5th book. The story for that book just felt wrong and I started and stopped it a half dozen times before giving up. And somehow never tried the next one. I'm going to have to try re-reading up to that point, and see if I can get by it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote