View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 08:33 AM   #30
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
For the most part, I write with either a Mechanical Pencil or a Rollerball Pen. Which I use will depend on the writing I'm doing.

For a Pencil, I use a Kuro Toga 0.5mm Mechanical Pencil with HB/#2 Lead. I used to use 2B Lead but found that it often breaks due to its softness. Since moving to HB I've only had a Lead break once (when I extended the Lead too far from its tip). While it gives a good solid line, I can also erase it cleanly if I need to. One great feature of the Kuro Toga is that it rotates the Lead as you are writing, it rotates every time the you put the Pencil Tip on the Paper so you never get a chisel tip in regular writing.

For a pen, I use a Uni-Ball Roller 0.5mm Rollerball Pen. I found that it gives a smooth and thin line that I prefer to write with (it writes about as smooth as a fountain pen). Plus, its ink is permanent. I started using them when I heard about check washing, where with some types of inks (such as Ballpoint Ink) you can remove the ink from paper by using certain chemicals.

For the most part, I prefer to write in pencil. I recently started using a Disc Bound Planner and only write in it using a Pencil so I can make changes/corrections if I need to. Due to this, I use thicker paper in my planner (32 pound) because it is easier to write on and it is more durable. I've found that 20 pound paper is just too thin both for writing and for putting in my planner (after punching the paper it often breaks out of the planner). For me, 20 pound paper is only okay for single-side printing in a laser printer.

Concerning writing, I prefer to do all of my writing in a disc bound type binder. Disc bound binders have the following advantages:
  • It will lay on a Table/Desk/Counter flat whether it is open, closed, or folded back on itself.
  • You can add/remove/reorder Pages as needed.
  • There are a large variety of sizes available (my planner is a half-letter size (5.5 inches by 8.5 inches) which is right for me), and you can also choose from several sizes of discs (0.5 inch, 1 inch, 1.5 inches) so that can make it thicker if you need to.
  • The parts (such binder covers, discs, inserts) are fairly standard so you can mix them among different companies. While most of my binder is from TUL, the discs are from Staples. Plus, you can easily print your own Inserts if you need to (although you will need a Disc Bound Paper Punch to punch them so you can insert them into your Binder). This allows you to put just about anything in your Planner.

If I do need to make something permanent that I wrote in pencil, I just make a copy. Once I had only one copy of a form, so I wrote it out in pencil and when I was finished I made a copy of it to send out.

Generally, unless I need to write something permanent on an original (like when writing checks) I do all of my writing in pencil. For me, it is more convenient.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote