View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I don't buy DRM. I don't currently have the ability to read DRM'd anything; since I upgraded to Vista (not my choice, really), I haven't bothered installing any software that can deal with DRM. (I dislike Vista enough that I've avoided installing several programs I like; I keep hoping that if I refuse to play nice with it, it'll spontaneously morph into Ubuntu some evening.)

My Vista hassles aside, I don't like DRM, enough to have decided I won't support the business decision to use it. I don't download DRM'd freebies, much less pay for DRM'd content.

My ebook dollars are limited; between Baen, FW's multiformats, and Smashwords, I'm not likely to run out of good reading material, so there's no need for me to bother with extra software to get DRM'd books and then even more to crack them so I can be sure of reading them after the business model has changed again.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote