View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #65
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Like the (missing) Search, back, and menu dedicated buttons android devices are *supposed* to have, that thee Nooks (and other vendors) replace with status bar icons.
Many of the incompatibilities with apps on rooted Nooks come from lack of full android hardware compliance.

I shrug because I don't particularly care but when it comes to generic Android hardware my suggestion to those that ask me is to make sure the device has at least menu, home, and back dedicated hardware buttons. Page turn buttons are nice, but not what I'm talking about. If anything, they are a further deviation from the reference design. (Most android devices have volume buttons that apps can use for page turning.)

Just saying; I don't have a horse in the race either way. I sorta like the Nook touch and the Sony 950 but nowhere near enough to buy anything from either line.
Interesting. I haven't been paying much attention to Android tablets, but the tablets I seem to notice only have a single button, similar to an IPad (Galaxy Tab, Asus Eee Pad, Motorola Zoom, Acer Iconia, ...)?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote