View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 05:50 PM   #1706
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I have a Voyage, I got it last November and have used that as my main reader since then. A week ago I got a Kobo Glo HD and I can honestly say I prefer it, it's a pleasure to read at a font size that's perfect to me which is half way between the Voyage 4 and 5, the fonts are darker too and as much as the hepatic buttons on the Voyage are nice it's nicer to be able to hold the Glo higher up and just lightly tap the screen to page forward.

I'll keep my Voyage as my travel reader as I think it's more robust and it as a stronger case but for reading at home I'll use the Glo.
Awesome. I've been a long time owner of non-touch Kindles, and have always liked them more. Even now. But now, if Amazon brings some non-fancy features to KV2, I'd buy it, so that I have 2 eReaders. I like to be minimalist. It's just that here it rains a lot, and I LOVE reading while walking in rain, and I can't do that with my DXG... I've been doing it with my K3 (which is a beast in its own right).

Plus reading at night gives a very nice relaxing feeling and I'd like to experience that. So here I come with a appetite for front-lit ereader.

- Waterproof KV2, retain the flush screen (water and dust proof)
- Plain and simple back-plate instead of that fancy origami, just like PW3
- Non-intrusive Kindle logo just like PW3 (it's black instead of silver like Voyage and PW2)
- retain the strong build quality, so that it can bear the abuses it might go through, just like K3
- Audio (very unlikely to happen, because of this agreement)

If it has these, I'm buying KV2 in a heartbeat to replace my K3.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 10-08-2015 at 06:01 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote