View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 04:49 AM   #10
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
Is it a direct fit with Kindle 2 cases? Only a certain type? Which one did you pick up?
I got a cheap one off ebay. I think $17 all up. I don't suppose it really matters which one you get. Just some hints...

1. get one that has nothing on the flap that opens. ie the left hand flap. Some have small leather tabs to hold business cards or something. I found they can touch the screen, so I had to cut them off.

I got one with two leather clips at the bottom, and two elastic clips at the top. These are not much good for the PB302. I kept the bottom left leather clip to hold the PB302 in place - and cut the others off. This locks the PB302 in place.

I then used three bits of double sided tape, and stuck the PB302 to the cover. This is better than velcro as it is thinner - plus you can also remove them easily if you have to send your unit back for repair. Perhaps the small, round velco patches might be ok too. I found the double sided taped very good though - it feels very solid. I have been out camping with it, in the cold and the rain. Also been using the thing for days on end. It still feels very solid. ie it the double sided tape seems to be holding it ok.

It is a much better cover than the one provided. I can now charge the thing easily and I can now use the side buttons. The side buttons are still a bit difficult to use (nothing to do with the cover - they are simply too small).

If I had to get another cover, I would opt for a bit more expensive one. The cover I bought was the cheapest one I could find - after all, I did not know if it would work or not. The leather is a bit thin. I guess this makes it nice and light, but perhaps I would have preferred a bit more quality.
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote