Thread: Epub or BBeB?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #23
Gros'Land
Gros'Land began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch PRS-650
I also prefer .lrf to .epub. The lrf fonts are richer and darker. I just ordered a PRS 650 to replace my 600 so maybe epubs will look nicer on it. I also like to see my actual progression through the book via page nos.; not some page no. married to a book I'm not holing in my hand. As far as referencing page nos., paperbacks, hard covers, tall paperbacks all have different page nos. for the same book. So you have to reference the page no. to a particualar type of book, one could reference the Sony just as easily.

Worst of all are epubs downloaded from the library. Without a CALIBRE control of format, some are so-so, some are horrible.

One big negative of the lrfs is that the file size winds up being 10 times the size of epubs. Why is this? My brother's lrf's file sizes are only half mine although we have synchronized our CALIBRE settings and can't figure out why.

epubs are generally less than 400 kbs while my lrfs are generally 4,500 kbs. Any advice on reducing these lrf file sizes would be warmly welcomed.
gros'land
Gros'Land is offline   Reply With Quote