View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
Ok, my wife has requested a eBook reader. After looking around, I think Sony offers the best value for what it is, even with its limitations.

So, I noted that there is a new version of the Reader. I took a look at one at my local SonyStyle store and thought it was quite nice.

But today I stopped into my local Costco and noticed that they are still selling the 500. They sell it at $249 with $50 CONNECT credit, so it is a $100 value over the 505.

The question is, are the benefits of the 505 worth more than $100?

Jason
First, check out the titles offered by Sony Connect against your wife's preferences/tastes. Also check out Fictionwise and Mobipocket for their title selection. If most of what your wife wants is in the Connect site, go for the 505. If not, but they are in the Fictionwise and Mobipocket sites, buy her a Bookeen Cybook Gen3. I know it's more expensive, but the title availability is much greater.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote