View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
More tests? Nah.

I suppose I could have tested any number of other readers, but I decided to stop at these most popular apps that covered the most popular formats. At any rate, it gives a good idea of how well the Touch Pro 2 works with the apps. Take note of the apps, like MobiPocket, that absolutely required a keyboard to be used: Obviously, if your touchscreen smartphone does not have a keyboard, these apps may be non-starters for you. And I’d avoid Adobe Reader 2.0 altogether… it is simply not ready for the TP2, and by extension, probably not for other touchscreen smartphones either.

I was glad to see both ePub reading apps worked well on the TP2, clean and easy to use, as I expect to be spending more time reading ePub files in the future. This may give me incentive to finally convert my Mobi files to ePub, in fact. And while I’m at it, every other errant format I have lying around. That’s probably the best news of all, since we can all look forward to a future where I and others are reviewing only ePub apps, and ignoring all the rest.

Overall, I'm glad I got the Touch Pro 2, and I'll be happy to use it as my e-book reader. I probably won't expect to see much further development for it, though, except possibly in ePub apps. The rest will probably stay about the way they are... but at least they are usable as they are.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote