Thread: error 21
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 12:30 PM   #1
lbutlr
Enthusiast
lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: iPhone
error 21

When trying to add a book to my library I get the following error overtime, regardless of how I try to add the book (drag and drop or "add Book"

I have disabled all plugins and cleaned the library (no errors, no duplicates). I've also tried a few different pub files with mixed results, some import fine, others generate this error. I cannot see any difference in the files and they are not DRMed.

Not sure if it matters, but Calibre is often using 90-105% of a CPU core (2012 iMac), then drops to 0.5%

macOS Sierra, Calibre 2.82

Code:
calibre, version 2.82.0
WARNING: Errors while adding: There were problems adding some files, click "Show details" for more information

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Failed to add the file /Users/lbutlr/Desktop/Pilot X.epub to the book: /Users/lbutlr/Desktop/Pilot X.epub
With error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/add.py", line 410, in add_formats
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1385, in add_format
  File "site-packages/calibre/startup.py", line 122, in local_open
IOError: [Errno 21] Is a directory: u'/Users/lbutlr/Desktop/Pilot X.epub'
lbutlr is offline   Reply With Quote