View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #23
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen View Post
NONE of my criteria are "false".
Yes they were. You didn't didn't qualify your statements. As they were, some of them were false.

Quote:
So there is in fact a direct hit on usability and practicality because of the limited support for non-Amazon formats.
You seem to be perfectly willing to deal with the proprietary Adobe DRM system, so proprietary-ness is apparently not your issue, despite your statement. What you seemed to mean was "I'd like a reader that naively supports epub and ADEPT DRM."
That's different.

You say Kindle search is 'abysmal' but you don't say what you don't like about it and most of us seem to find it excellent, so again, that's a statement that's hard to offer any meaningful suggestion about.

You are of course welcome to want anything you want, include giraffe cases, and if you ask what you really mean, you will likely get some good suggestions.

I wouldn't mind owning a device like it seems you're asking for: Large eink display, good for PDFs, runs on AAA batts, excellent on device search and organization, broad format support.
Not sure one exists, though.

Last edited by ApK; 09-08-2013 at 10:33 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote