View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #34
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Interesting thread.

So... apparently I have a mild(?) form of Dysnumeria. I always mix the places of 6 and 3 in large numbers, less frequent with other digits. What I usually do to remember numbers correctly is either remember each digit as a word, or group the digits and then make associations between the digits of each group. The first one makes it easier to remember numbers but it's only useful if I only talk in one language because I remember it like a short song that plays in my head and I can't just translate it into other languages because the words for the numbers don't have the same number of syllables. The second one is like doing a logic exercise: you have a number with 10 digits, the fifth and the eight are 3's which are flowed by even numbers...

I would like to say some things about reading handwritten and typed text. When I was about 4 I was seeing cursive writing like a cursive mmmmmmmmmmmmm, with the occasional stick going up or down. But then I learned how to write at about the same time as I learned how to read, and I learned how to read both handwritten and typed text at the same time as well, because I needed to make some associations between how the letters are formed and what they look like, and what the typed ones look like. Initially I couldn't differentiate between typed b, d, p and q, but I would make the hand movements like handwriting them in the air and see which handwritten form matched best the typed shape that I was seeing. I was lucky that I did this before starting school.

About the "gravity" of the dyslexic font, maybe it's not necessary for only the bottom part to be thicker. If you write with a fountain pen, depending on the nib and how you hold it, you can have sided of the letters thicker. That does make the letters easier to read.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote