folder: META-INF
file: mimetype
folder: OEBPS

I opened the OEBPS folder to find
file: content.opf
Text? file: gardener.xhtml
Folder: Images
And two files, the Css template and the toc.ncx

So - this is the source material? Or a combination of source and binary file?

When I used Springy to open MY ebpub (saved out of InD 5.5) I got the same first three items.

However, when I opened the OEBPS, I got a number of files - I assume html files, since they have Safari icons - ordered stupidly - 1, 10-19 etc. Why would they program it that way, I wonder? It's so hard to use a 0 before the single digits? If I open one of those files I get (which you'd expect) a web page thing - not the presentation of html, which I assume I could get to by accessing source in Safari. I didn't like that. I really liked the way I could access it from my friend's .mobi.

So are you telling me that if I make changes in the .mobi html - or for that matter, in the epub html - and save them, they will not be reflected in the uploaded file unless I generate a new file - no, wait, then I'd have to simply go back to the indd file and do the changes there?

How stupid is this: I have a little icon I stick in when there are pauses in the narrative - I'd use a double return in a print file for that. But when I look in the image folder, even though each usage has the same paragraph style indicated in inD - each one of these things seems to have been given a DIFFERENT CSS styling? They're numbered with a fmt-1 etc.

This really is junky html. That's why I stopped using Dreamweaver's user side and tried to write my own as much as I could.
barncat is offline   Reply With Quote