View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Read an Ebook Week speculative fiction thread (freebies & bargains)

Since romance and mystery have their own dedicated threads, here's sf/fantasy/horror/historical (I don't imagine we'll get enough of that last to make up its own thread).

NB: If someone has at least one thing free/on sale, I'm not going to bother to direct-link all of their special offers separately (unless it's the only thing in a 2-page listing), and just link to their author page instead to save time, especially since Smashwords doesn't auto-show if something's on sale when you do a keyword search or look at the listings in the profiles.

@ Smashwords

Stephen Ames Berry (ISFDB entry) offers his 1984 Ace-published MilSF space opera for free: The Biofab War

Elaine Corvidae (ISFDB entry) who is published by Mundania Press offers all her Smashwords stuff for free, some to download, others using provided coupon. Linkage to her author listing.

Lazette Gifford (ISFDB entry) offers a number of short stories for free download or free-with-coupon, and her longer works are set to 50% off. Linkage to her author page.

Sylvia Kelso (ISFDB entry) has her entire Smashwords catalogue on sale @ 50% off using the coupon code provided ($2.99 regularly). 3 epic fantasy novels published by Five Star & a collection of sfnal essays. Read some sample stories and essays over at her Book View Cafe page.

Moyra Caldecott (ISFDB entry) writes historical novels (some with fantasy element) set in assorted ancient times, some of which are at YA level. Much of her catalogue is 25% off using coupon and it seems likely that other stuff from her re-publisher "Mushroom Publishing" will also be discounted, but frankly you can get these a lot cheaper via Fictionwise using their discount coupons.

Kathleen Guler, whom I noticed last year, is either very small press or glorified self-pub (ISFDB entry; her publisher imprint seems to only carry her books, as far as I can tell). But her books are or were distributed as far as two of my local library systems, and were interesting enough that I was thinking of getting the 1st volume in her 5th century British historical Arthurian-related fantasy-ish adventures when it was offered at a 75% discount to $1.99 (and in retrospect, probably should have, since the library turfed their copy some months later). This time around, she is only offering a 25% discount on her $7.99 books so I think I'll pass considering that and $6 is about what I'd pay for a Baen-backed author with a good reputation in the field and way too pricey for a probably self-pub unknown. But here's her catalogue if you've read her before and want e-copies with a minor discount.

Last edited by ATDrake; 03-04-2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Actually does have an ISFDB entry.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote