View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #48
Arrghus
Zealot
Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle PW2; Nexus 5X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Why? Considering how had it was to find Sony readers for sale most of teh year, Sony is selling as many as they can make. And if youa re selling as many as yuo can make, you do NOT need to compete on price.
What evidence is there that this was ever the case? If Sony couldn't make enough to meet supposed 'demand' than they really need to make changes to the way they manufacturer their readers. You don't see the Kindle out of stock or 'temporarily unavailable' for huge stretches of the financial year. They do need to compete on price.

I only purchased a PRS-350 as it was on special offer at Waterstones. I'd have opted for a Kindle otherwise. I'm glad I got the Sony, but I can see why a high price point would put potential customer's off.

There was talk of Sony directing most of its Readers to the Japanese market, but that is unsubstantiated conjecture. Truth is, we don't know what the rationale or reason was/is behind the lack of Readers available from Sony.
Arrghus is offline   Reply With Quote