View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
[Metadata Source Plugin] Fantastic Fiction

This plugin offers yet another download source for book metadata from one of the most consistent sources of book information and covers around by retrieving from www.fantasticfiction.co.uk.

As with my Goodreads and Barnes & Noble plugins it is designed to either supplement or replace the metadata plugins that come with Calibre. Unlike the Goodreads plugin you cannot get any get any tags (genres) or ratings for a book.

However Fantastic Fiction has very consistently sized covers, excellent series information and is extremely fast to retrieve from.

Main Features
  • Can retrieve title, author, series, isbn, comments, publisher, publication date and covers
  • Also retrieves a Fantastic Fiction id, which can be used to directly jump to the page for a specific book from the book details pane (like Goodreads/ISBN etc).
  • Optionally assign the Genre value Fantastic Fiction has for some books to your Tags column

Special Notes:
Paypal Donations:
  • If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fantastic Fiction.zip (119.1 KB, 1334 views)

Last edited by kiwidude; 03-29-2024 at 09:17 PM. Reason: New version
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote