View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 01:29 AM   #381
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninglory View Post
I don't think anyone can answer this, but I feel the need to complain about it. We are stationed in Japan, so I download to the computer than transfer to the kindle. I have 2 kindles on the same amazon account and I have to download the same book twice to put it on each kindle. I don't understand this. Why can't I download it once and then be able to read it on either kindle without downloading it twice and having to have two seperate backups for the same book. I also have to change the metadata in both downloads. It seems if you were on the same account you should not have to do this twice or more. Considering getting a kindle for my husband but I do not want to do the downloads three different times for each book.
Because the books are encrypted for a specific Kindle... not for a specific account. This keeps you from being able to share ebooks with your other Kindle friends.

If you want to d/l it once, get Kindle 4PC, Calibre and Apprentice Alf's scripts... are you d/l the book to K4PC you can add it to Calibre and it will be "liberated" and then you can use that single copy on all of your Kindles... oh and you can convert it to ePub to use on your iPad or Sony too. (for example)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote