View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 02:54 AM   #1
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Windows 7 (64 bit) + Calibre 0.5.14 + crashing

Hey, I'm trying to run Calibre 0.5.14 on my new 64 bit windows 7 RTM install, however I can't even start using the GUI, let alone do any importing and conversions.

What happens is that the Calibre window appears, and immediately the following error pops up.

Code:
u'pubdate'
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\library.pyo", line 556, in headerData
KeyError: u'pubdate'
Pressing OK makes a new error box replace it (the same error) and I can't go any further. The only way to exit calibre is to end task via the task manager.

I installed 0.6.7 first to try it out (it worked fine) before uninstalling it and installing 0.5.14. I find I much prefer the LRF generation that 0.5.x produces. It seems more...reliable than that of the 0.6.x series (eg: font embedding actually works...).
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote