Thread: Netbooks
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 02:41 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have a Dell Inspiron Mini 9, which has a 32GB SSD rather than a hard disk. Excellent for mobile web browsing and email, writing letters, etc, but entirely unsuitable for use as a bookreader (it's just the wrong "shape"). Being SSD, it's completely silent, which takes some getting used to! I take it with me whenever I go away on trips. WiFi works great.

Some of the netbooks take the approach of having a "full" laptop keyboard with very small keys. Dell have taken the other approach - normal size laptop keys, but a restricted keyboard - no function key row, for example (they are replaced by an "Fn" key pressed in conjunction with a key on the middle row of the keyboard).

Excellent machine, but, as I say, don't buy one if you're after something to read books on.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote