View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #14
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
I think that is a little hard on Baen. That being said, they don't tend to do Hard Science Fiction. Still some of the books and stories that their authors have written do contain challenging ideas.. just not scientifically challenging ideas.
They do not seem to have the authors I find most interesting like Charles Stross, Ian M. Banks, Ian McDonald, James Morrow, Cory Doctorow, Adam Roberts, and so on. The Baen authors I read are more straightforward action stories. I like to read a lot of the Baen books but I do not think they accurately reflect the state of science fiction today. On the other hand looking now at their catalog I find authors like Vernor Vinge so maybe things have changed since I last looked at this.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote