Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #481
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousia View Post
Reading the instructions to install the modified reader without rooting the PRS-T1, I have found:

In the reader/reader.xml file there are:

Code:
	<fonts>
		<font name="Amasis" regular="AmasisMTW1G.otf" italic="AmasisMTW1G-Italic.otf" bold="AmasisMTW1G-Bold.otf" bolditalic="AmasisMTW1G-BoldItalic.otf" />
		<font name="Palatino Nova" regular="PalatinoNovaW1G-Regular.otf" italic="PalatinoNovaW1G-Italic.otf" bold="PalatinoNovaW1G-Bold.otf" bolditalic="PalatinoNovaW1G-BoldItalic.otf" />
		<font name="Really No 2" regular="ReallyNo2LTW1G-Regular.otf" italic="ReallyNo2LTW1G-Italic.otf" bold="ReallyNo2LTW1G-Bold.otf" bolditalic="ReallyNo2LTW1G-BoldItalic.otf" />
		<font name="Frutiger" regular="FrutigerNeueLTW1G-Regular.otf" italic="FrutigerNeueLTW1G-Italic.otf" bold="FrutigerNeueLTW1G-Bold.otf" bolditalic="FrutigerNeueLTW1G-BoldItalic.otf" />
		<font name="Univers Next" regular="UniversNextW1G-Regular.otf" italic="UniversNextW1G-Italic.otf" bold="UniversNextW1G-Bold.otf" bolditalic="UniversNextW1G-BoldItalic.otf" />
		<font name="Quirkus" path="../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/" regular="Quirkus.ttf" italic="Quirkus-I.ttf" bold="Quirkus-B.ttf" bolditalic="Quirkus-BI.ttf" />
	</fonts>
I guess that the css files are generated when rebooting after copying the files.

But my question is: how can I change the default font?

This is the only thing I want to do, to install FreeSerif (FreeSans and FreeMono when possible) and be able to use it as the default font. So I'd like to know first, before installing anything on the PRS-T1 (it isn't mine and I'd like to avoid anything, if the default font cannot be changed).

Many thanks for your help.
The reader/reader.xml file you have quoted above is not correct for the latest version of Morkl's modified reader app (June 2012). Here is a link to the PRST1 Modified Reader wiki which gives links for relevant detailed info, including a download link for the June version. You should read it through before installing. There are sample css files in the download zip. No css files are generated during the install, you have to create them - using the wiki and/or samples.