View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #22
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
I'm an expat and the only good source of books here is internet. Ok, I could buy a book in my language in a food shop but selection is very limited of what may interest me, as is space on the shelves. I nonetheless bought a few on paper and haven't read them yet. I only buy paper books for my little son.
But, I would have never bought an ereader I guess if I didn't leave my country. I wouldn't see the need or could afford it. I would have still used bookstores - which I miss sometimes. But I remember, here in Belgium in 2009 how much I missed reading... an ereader was God sent. Even libraries here had limited choice of what I could read. And a weekly magazine every Friday wasn't enough (now I can read it on ipad)
Speaking of online shopping I dread now going to big stores. Oh the noise, crowds and infinite choice! All that trying on, entire day lost, and tiredness afterwards. I buy lots of clothes online, in peace of mind and comfortably stretched on the sofa. I must be a weird woman, not to like going shopping anymore. Shoes I buy in person, several pairs in one go.
I'm so into online shopping that today I considered buying a micro usb to usb cable from amazon.uk as opposed to going into town (40 min to get there) to search for it in big shopping centre. Why, click and have it delivered to my door for approximately the same price... and extra excitement when there is something as oposed to bills in the mailbox.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote