View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 02:55 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
bug not sabotage. the amazon forum suggest it happens to a few users but not to every book on every tablet.
I used to use an HD8 and I am sure I sideloaded books to it OK at the time

its probably is worth trying the simpler suggestions from that forum e.g. clearing the app cache is very quick, and i know that force stop + clear cache fixes other bugs with other amazon apps e.g. when prime video goes wrong, that's the quick fix
for the record. what generation is the tablet and what version of Fire OS is in use - look in settings
moon is a very good alternative though, and having google store and services is a great improvement - e.g. you can now use Chrome and not Silk. its not actually a hack - you are just installing additional apps from " unknown sources"

were you puttting the problem books onto SD card, or into the books folder in main memory? you could try putting copies into books, and also into download folders to see if it is a folder properties issue
as to the white highlight - there may be an explicit background colour set in the book CSS for some styles. Check and zap all references to color / colour and it should fit it
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote