View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 10:43 AM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
JPG format may indeed be the best option for the smallest file size - for certain types of images, like color photographs, paintings, etc. Other formats, like PNG or GIF, can be better for simpler images like diagrams. And (well made) SVG can be super small.

A decent software (I use photoshop but there are plenty of good ones out there) will give you a preview with filesize for different formats - all you need to do is pick the one that best fits that style of image.

Sigil also has plugins for removing rubbish in JPG (JPEGOptimizer) and for subsetting your fonts (SubsetFonts).
Either program works well!
Well, all of that is true--but I still say that trying to go from about 2.5mb per image, to 175kb each, is not going to go well, "without losing image resolution."

As I said, we just tried to do something similar and eventually, the client gave up. I'd warned him that it wouldn't, and as it happened, yes, I ended up wasting my time on demos/samples, but at least I didn't end up with an unhappy client thinking I'd sandbagged him or the like.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote